Not-for-Profit Directors & Officers Liability
Safeguard yourself from risk.
Directors and Officers (D&O) liability insurance has long been critical for public companies needing protection against shareholder lawsuits. But even if you don't have shareholders, you need protection from executive liability exposures.
Litigation can come from trusted customers and clients, competitors, government agencies, and even fellow executives. If you serve on the board of a not-for-profit, you could be sued for:
- Asset mismanagement
- Errors and omissions
- Failure to provide services
- Wrongful employment practices
Add D&O coverage to your personal umbrella or excess liability policy to protect your personal assets from legal actions related to your not-for-profit work.
Claims could be filed against you by parties outside your organization, by organization members or other executives, directors, officers or trustees for allegations of:
- Conflict of interest
- Fraudulent conduct, reports, financial statements or certificates
- Breach of contract
- Asset wasting
- Inefficient administration resulting in losses
- Assets sold for unreasonably low prices
- Disclosure of material facts
- Dissemination of false or misleading reports or information
- Making improper guarantees
- Habitual absence from meetings
- Failure to examine reports and documents before signing
- Failure to detect and stop embezzlement of organization funds
Ready to get started? Visit our Contact Us page or call (855) 874-4677 to talk to a specialist.
Get a Quote