Many businesses do not have the resources to create a complex wellness program. So if you’re a small business, you may be asking: Does it make sense to start a small business wellness program? Put simply, targeting wellness is essential for smaller sized companies because an effective wellness program can reap you benefits.
Small Business Wellness Program Benefits
Here are a few benefits that you can expect to reap if you have a small business wellness program:
- Improved employee morale and increased productivity
- Reduced general health care costs
- Improved employee well-being and minimized absence
- Attraction of employees
Though your organization might not have the ability to fund a thorough wellness program, you can still implement some low-cost activities to improve the health and wellness of your employees, thus creating a small business wellness program.
Small Business Wellness Activities
The following are some suggestions for low-cost wellness initiatives:
- Ask a local hospital, not-for-profit or other health care company to provide presentations to your workers on the significance of a healthy way of life.
- Ask TPG Insurance Services if your health insurance carrier offers free health risk evaluations.
- Create a wellness committee including employees at different levels and in different departments to lead your wellness efforts. Start with simple activities, such as healthy eating days and lunchtime walks.
- Make your office smoke-free.
- Offer on-site influenza shots free of charge or at a reduced cost.
- Provide healthier vending machine options.
- Encourage employees to go outside during lunch or throughout their breaks for a quick run or walk. Encourage them to take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
- Provide academic materials on the benefits of consuming well, working out, not smoking and other healthy way of life modifications. Ask TPG Insurance Services about the Live Well, Work Well newsletter series and other interaction resources to support your workplace wellness efforts.
What Should You Do?
As with any financial investment or task, assessing the efficiency of the wellness program is very important. There are many methods to establish the effectiveness like having metrics for the percent of staff members involvement. Conducting employee survey is also a great method to get the employees input about the programs.
Now more than ever employees need their employers to establish a few of these programs to lower a few of their life tension. By offering a few of these programs you will have happier employees and a greater productivity rate.
Get in touch with our Payroll & HR Services by calling 909.466.7876 for a range of low-cost wellness activities to benefit your staff members and improve your bottom line. While you’re discovering more about wellness programs check out our webpage Benefits Administration – A Better Benefits Experience now and see today how we can help your business thrive!